Creole Shrimp with Andouille Sausage
- 5 stalks celery choppped
- 1 ½ onions chopped
- ½ green pepper chopped
- ½ large red pepper chopped
- 1 Tb chopped garlic
- 1 package aidells Cajun style andouille sausage sliced to bite sized pieces
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 8oz can plain tomato sauce
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- ¼-1/2 c. chicken stock
- 3 Tb olive oil
- 2# shrimp ( I used 16-20 size)
- Over high heat sear shrimp in the olive oil, a little at a time without crowding the pan, and remove them to a plate. (They won’t be completely cooked yet.)
- Once the shrimp is all removed add the sausage and brown it. (This you can leave in the pan.)
- Add the peppers, onion, and celery and sauté until starting to get soft, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté one minute, then add the Cajun seasoning and the thyme and stir.
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock and scrape up any yummy bits left on the pan.
- Add the tomato sauce and taste for seasoning.
- Simmer about 5 minutes then add the shrimp back to pan, along with any juices they have released, while also adding the lemon juice and the fresh parsley.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until shrimp are hot.
Makes 8 servings my fitness pal
6g net carbs