Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Bowl
- 2 each boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 whole zucchini
- ¼ of a fresh pineapple peeled
- ½ of a red pepper seeded
- Stubbs bbq moppin’ sauce
- 2 scallions
Based on information taken from my fitness pal (per serving, recipe makes 2 servings):
344 cal 32g protein
17 net carbs 3g fiber
- Prepare grill by making a hot fire on half the grill and leaving the other side empty. (Alternately this could be roasted in the oven, in which case I would go ahead and chop up the fruits and veggies in bite sized pieces and roast at about 450 degrees)
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Season zucchini, pineapple, red pepper (keeping fruits and veggies in whole pieces makes them easier to grill!) and chicken with salt and pepper and spray with your favorite cooking spray (you need a little oil to conduct the heat and prevent sticking).
- I started by grilling the pineapple and veggies first over the hot coals and once marked flip and baste with the moppin’ sauce.
- Once second side is marked, flip again and baste with sauce.
- Cook a couple minutes and flip to cooler side of grill basting again. You can add as much sauce as you like, but just remember that is adding calories.
- Repeat the same process with the chicken.
- Once the veggies and the chicken are both off to the cool side put the lid on and cook until the chicken comes to 165 degrees with an instant read thermometer.
- The whole process should only take 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken. Don’t overcook the veggies you don’t want them to be mushy just heated through because when they are reheated they will cook more.
- Bring all components in and cut up into bite sized pieces and half in of two of your favorite containers for packing your lunch.
- Top with sliced scallion and enjoy!
Any questions or comments please post below!